In a perfect world, package deliveries arrive on time without any issues. But, in some cases, delays occur and here are the reasons why:
- Failed delivery attempts – This occurs if there was no one there to receive the package or if the address is misspelt, incomplete or outdated. Usually, couriers make 2 or 3 attempts to deliver your package, but on different days. After these attempts, your package will most likely be stored in the courier’s warehouse for 5-7 days. Please contact your local post office immediately to track it down. If your package has already been sent back to us, simply Contact Us so we can resend it.
- Delay caused by customs – International shipments are held up in customs to check that the contents and value of the package were declared accurately. Your tracking status will update soon after your package has been cleared and released. For updates, you may also contact your local post office or delivery service provider since a local tracking number may be provided to you for possible additional tracking events.
- Marked as undeliverable – This happens if the courier has no access to the delivery location. Your package will then be sent back to us. If this is the case, Contact Us right away so we can resend your package.
- Lost packages – One of the worst case scenarios why your package can get delayed is because it got lost along the way. Please contact first your local post office for updates. If you haven’t received it yet, Contact Us and we’ll do our best to help.
- Weather conditions – Bad weather can block the roads or slow down the transit and cause a delayed delivery. Keep following up with your local post office to track the movement of your order.
- Holidays – A sudden or unexpected increase in shipment delivery volumes is most common during the holiday season when the shopping extravaganza begins. Because of this, delivery may take longer than usual. Simply follow up with your local post office to track down your package.
If you're unable to find the answer to your question, simply Contact Us and we'd love to help.